Arthur Charles Valerian Wellesley, 9th Duke of Wellington, OBE DL (born 19 August 1945), is the present Duke of Wellington. He is the son of Valerian Wellesley, 8th Duke of Wellington, and his wife, Diana McConnel.
He married Princess Antonia of Prussia (who no longer uses her royal title) on 3 February 1977 at St. Paul's Church, Knightsbridge,London. Princess Antonia of Prussia, Duchess of Wellington, Duchess of Ciudad Rodrigo, OBE (born 28 April 1955), is a great-granddaughter of Wilhelm II, German Emperor
and is descended from Queen Victoria through her daughter, Princess Victoria. Antonia Elizabeth Brigid Louise Mansfeld was born in London on 28 April 1955, the daughter of Prince Frederick of Prussia and Lady Brigid Katherine Rachel Guinness, daughter of Rupert Guinness, 2nd Earl of Iveagh. She is the twin sister of Prince Rupert Alexander Frederick. She was educated at Cobham Hall School and King's College London (BA, English). She was awarded the OBE in the 2008 Birthday Honours for services to social housing as President of the Guiness Trust.
The Duke and Duchess of Wellington have five children:
- Arthur Gerald Wellesley, Marquess of Douro (above, born 31 January 1978); married as of 4 June 2005 to the former model Jemma Kidd, a fashion stylist and great-granddaughter of Lord Beaverbrook. They have twins and a younger son:
- Lady Mae Madeleine (born 4 January 2010).
- Arthur Darcy, Earl of Mornington (born 4 January 2010).
- Lord Alfred (born 10 December 2014).
- Lady Honor Victoria Wellesley (born 25 October 1979); married (as his second wife) the Honourable Orlando Montagu, younger son of the Earl of Sandwich, and had issue:
- Walter Montagu (born 3 December 2005); first grandchild of the Duke and the Duchess, then the Marquess and Marchioness of Douro.
- Nancy Jemima Montagu (born January 2007).
- Lady Mary Luise Wellesley (born 16 December 1986).
- Lady Charlotte Anne Wellesley (born 8 October 1990); attends Oxford University.
- Lord Frederick Charles Wellesley (born 30 September 1992); attended Eton College.