Upstairs, Downstairs



OMG! They've cut scenes from the original BBC version shown in the UK, the most important to U/D fans being Rose's return to Eaton Place. A scene loaded with memories and pathos. You may recall I had the scene up in the sidebar last week. Click here to see it, so that you won't be denied. Philistines!




Now that I've got that off my chest, I must say that I love Maud, Lady Holland, world traveler and owner of an adorable monkey. They've taken the ubiquitous "crotchety, severe old matriach of the family" and changed her up into a delicious and fiesty lady who deserves more screen time. I'll teach you to smoke, indeed! You can read an interview in which Eileen Atkins discusses her role here.




Adrian Scarborough plays Mr Pritchard, the new butler, to perfection. Worlds away from Mr. Hudson, as he should be, whilst being both efficient and a mess, quirky and slightly mysterious. Is he a good guy or a bad guy?

Labels: