Downton Abbey - Again



Okay, Episode 2 was much better.  Some characters seemed better defined, others were less annoying. I know, I know - I love these period pieces and no one wants to love this one more than me. I don't know what the problem is. I have to say that every time I see either Jim Carter as Mr. Carson



or Brendan Coyle as John Bates




I'm transported back to Lark Rise. Seeing them together in the same scene makes me think that Laura is going to come running into view at any moment.

However, the appearance of Turkish houseguest Kemal Pamuk, played by Theo James, made me think that things were, indeed, picking up. And then he died. Which, as a plot device, was hysterical.




And which prompted Maggie Smith to utter one of the funniest lines so far - "No Englishman would ever dream of dying in someone else's house." Thank goodness I wasn't drinking anything when I heard it.


If you can't wait until the conclusion this Sunday - and I admit that I'm now looking forward to it myself - the ITV website offers exclusvie features, click here. And, of course, you can visit the Masterpiece Theater site, where you can watch the first two episodes again.

Labels: