Artie-Facts



When in London recently,  I once again visited Mark Sullivan Antiques in Cecil Court. And once again, Mark told me that I'd just missed seeing the current Duke of Wellington by a few days. Sigh. Mark and I chatted for a bit about Florida and we finally got down to the business of Artie-Facts, also known as Wellington commemoratives or memorabilia. There was nothing on hand that was as earth shattering as the Staffordshire figurine I'd purchased from Mark in June (above), so I was just about to reluctantly pass on buying anything when Mark told me that he had a few pieces in the basement that he'd been saving for a dealer, but seeing as how I was regular customer and the dealer was not, he'd bring them up for me.

The first item was the tankard below, made by Lambeth Potteries.







The second item was this small bust of the Duke of Wellington




Reader, I purchased both. And, inspired by the display of commemoratives on show in the basement of Apsley House, I've grouped them all together with those pieces I already own in a lighted cabinet in the living room. You can read about my Wellington collection in a prior post here.  

Labels: ,